CLOSES JUNE 18th, 2018 @ 5pm
NORCOR Corrections in The Dalles seeks a full time Medical Clerk/Med-Aide. The responsibilities for this position include delivery of medications, medical record keeping/filing, general office experience, and ability to work with diverse groups in a secure facility. Professional workplace behaviors required. Criminal record may disqualify. Must have drivers license, pass background, drug, physical and other testing as indicated by the position. $15.70 hr with benefits. Applications and full job description & application below.
FLSA: Union; Non-Exempt
Annual Salary: $33,318.97 to $45,794.12
The Medical Clerk/Med-Aide is responsible to ensure the delivery of necessary, medically approved medications, perform necessary monitoring tasks to NORCOR Inmates and Detention Youth as directed by medical staff. The Medical Clerk/Med-Aide is also responsible to ensure that adequate records are maintained including but not limited to individual health care files in compliance with State and Federal laws and regulations. Complete daily medical charting to including MAR/TAR. Routinely communicate with doctors, nurses, outside facilities while following HIPPA regulations. Performs a variety of routine, and complex clerical and secretarial duties providing for support to departmental staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- These duties include but are not limited to the following.
- Distribute medically approved medications.
- Answer incoming calls and provide information as required, determine nature, and urgency of calls, and coordinate appropriate response.
- Maintain and update computer records, and logs, including records relating to detainees and jail activities.
- Access reference manuals when keying data into system.
- Filing/scanning of documents in appropriate storage locations such as filing cabinets vaults and archives.
- Distributing files and paperwork throughout the facility and to outside agencies.
- Operate two-way radios as needed.
- Operate listed office machines as required
- Input and compile tabulated data
- Compose a variety of correspondences, various reports and other materials requiring independent judgment as to content, accuracy and completeness.
- Establish and maintain records systems using moderately independent judgment.
- Compile weekly and monthly reports as directed to include number of inmates, diagnosis and disposition of each case for both medical and mental health patients.
- Other tasks as determined by senior administrative staff and Nurse Supervisor.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. NOTE; class A Misdemeanor or Felony convictions may be disqualifying.
- Ability to operate personal computer, including word processing and specialized software, police radio, phone, calculator, fax machine and copy machine.
- Must possess a First Aid card and be CPR certified within the first year of employment.
- Must maintain knowledge of current and new computer systems.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and be able to work as part of a team.
- Must be certified to pass medications within the first 6 months of employment.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Working knowledge of clerical procedures and methods associated with a medical office; English grammar and spelling; basic keyboarding; and filing, retrieval, and record keeping skills.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology and patient care diagnostic codes. Requires a full command of medical administrative processes, file maintenance and control.
- Sufficient human relations skill to communicate office procedures, technical medical information, to employ lines of inquiry, and to maintain harmony in a work setting.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
High school diploma or G.E.D. Any experience or training which would demonstrate the ability to perform the duties required.
Demonstrated ability to setup, maintain, and control the location of files; to enter data into standardized formats using computerized database programs; to file charts accurately and in a timely manner; to perform basic arithmetic operations; to keyboard for advanced transcription and data entry; to retrieve work materials; and to operate a variety of general office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully, perform the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Jail and Detention facilities are unique by nature. Communications may be by electronic means, requiring visual and audio queues and codes. The noise level in the work place is usually moderate but is unpredictable, and can escalate to a loud level of abusive verbal sounds and terminology.
The level of security is usually secure, but there could be situations where the safety of the employee could be compromised, or the potential of a hostage or threatening situation may be present
There may also be the presence of various potentially contagious bacteria or viruses as well as the possibility of blood borne pathogens.
Summit was created out of passion to serve great food by great people. We provide personal touch and professional service that only a strong company can offer. Our company is committed to the Midwestern values of professionalism, service to others and giving our team members the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Hiring positions for
Northern Oregon Regional Correctional Facility (NORCOR)
201 Webber Street
The Dalles, OR, 97058
POSITIONS OPEN INCLUDE:
The Cook is responsible for performing food preparation and production tasks efficiently and accurately while following safe food handling policies, procedures and recipes. Duties of this position include, ensuring portion control, temperature and appearance of food items is per standard. The ideal candidate will have prior cooking experience preferably in an industrial setting with an emphasis on scratch and high quality cooking. The ability to read, write and understand directions and to work both independently or as part of a team is also required. This position requires standing, walking and bending throughout the entire work day and the ability to list, stack and maneuver objects that may weigh 30 to 50 pounds.
Summit team members enjoy:
- Competitive Wages
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits for Full-Time Employees
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401k Retirement Plan
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Minorities/Women/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Employer
modified: 06/16/2016 04:58 pm